In just 3 days, I’ll be running a Tribute to Terry Fox, all because of Eddy Nolan. Because of Eddy’s vision, I will be amongst of group of Canadians – one in every province/territory – running 26.2 miles to honour the day Terry Fox began his Marathon of Hope. I’m trying to keep everything in perspective. Every time I think about it, I get overwhelmed and I feel so lucky.
I’ve updated my previous blog post with a slightly adjusted route to include a couple of extra stops at a few more running stores on my route. Based on those stops, I’ve created a schedule below of approximate times that I’ll be at each stop. I do plan on posting my progress on Twitter so please follow me if you get a chance or want an update on where I am and when I should be arriving, especially if you’re planning on joining me. I’ll try to post on Facebook as well too!
Here is the Facebook event so feel free to add yourself!
My stops along the way are (with approximate times):
- Start at the Terry Fox statues – 9am
- City Hall – 9:30am-9:40am
- Distance Runwear – 9:45am-9:50am
- lululemon Oakridge – 9:55am-10:00am
- Run Inn Kerrisdale – 10:15am-10:20am
- Bike Gallery – 11:00am-11:10am
- Alma Running Room – 11:15am-11:25am
- Forerunners – 11:20am – 11:30am
- LadySport – 11:25am-11:35am
- lululemon West 4th Ave – 11:35am-11:45am
- The Right Shoe – 11:40am-11:50am
- lululemon SSC – 11:50am-12:00pm
- (not an official stop but a benchmark!) – entrance of Stanley Park, English Bay side – 12:10pm-12:20pm
- Harry Jerome Statue in Stanley Park – 12:55pm-1:05pm
- Denman Running Room – 1:05pm-1:15pm
- lululemon Robson street – 1:15pm-1:25pm
- Finish at the Terry Fox statues – 1:25pm-1:35pm
My pace will be kept fairly conservative. I do run a lot but I’m also recovering from a 50k I ran 2.5 weeks ago so best to conserve as much energy as possible. Besides, I want to enjoy this as much as I can.
To remember. To honour. To pay tribute.